Your conference paper should not exceed 4 pages in total (i.e. an extended version of your conference abstract). This 4-page paper will be peer reviewed, but only after checking plagiarism using iThenticate software. If a plagiarism content is observed by the conference proceedings editors / track chairs (see Publications and Scientific Committee), we will inform you to rewrite and resubmit the paper. If the resubmitted version is still more than 30% plagiarized then it will be rejected.
After peer review and if the paper is accepted by the editors, you will be asked to revise and correct it. After resubmission of the revised version, the editors will re-check the paper for quality and plagiarism and, if accepted, the corresponding author will be requested to sign the Consent-to-Publish by Springer. The accepted paper will be published in the conference proceedings by Springer only after signing the Consent-to-Publish.
After evaluating all presentations during the conference and taking into account the comments of the reviewers and editors during the pre-conference evaluation process, the authors of the best papers will be invited after the conference to submit an extended version (8 to 15 pages) of their papers for publication in a special issue of one of our partnered Springer journals (see Publications). Publishing your short paper in the conference proceedings by Springer does not prevent you from submitting the extended version of the same work to the Arabian Journal of Geosciences or to one of our partnered Springer journals or to any other journal after the conference.
How to prepare your short conference paper
- Short papers (min. 2 pages / max. 4 pages) should cover one or more of the Conference Tracks.
- Please note the strict deadline for submissions (01 July 2019).
- The paper should be written in English and prepared using the CAJG Word Template.
- Figures and tables should be embedded and not supplied separately.
- All papers will undergo a peer-review process by track chairs and members of the Scientific Committee.
- Authors of accepted papers will present their studies orally (a PPT presentation of 12 min or an e-Poster presentation of 7 min on a large HD screen).
- Templates for the PPT and e-Poster presentations will be sent to the authors after notification of acceptance.
- For notification of acceptance, please see Important Dates.
- At least the first author or one co-author of each accepted paper has to be registered before the registration deadline (15 September 2019) to warrant inclusion in the final conference program (for more details, see Registration).
- There is a possibility that your accepted paper is published in the conference proceedings by Springer without you attend the conference (see Registration).
How to submit your short conference paper
- To submit, please click here on “Submit” or on the “Submit” button on Home.
- After registration on the submission system, you will receive a paper number and a password.
- You can then upload your full paper as follows:
- Insert the title of your paper in the "Title" section.
- Insert the abstract of your paper in the "Abstract" section.
- Select the major topic of your study (see Conference Tracks).
- Upload your short paper in the "Upload" section.
- Press the "Submit" button at the end of the form.
- After acceptance of your paper, the corresponding author should sign the Springer Consent-to-Publish to authorize publication in the conference proceedings.
- If the corresponding author is a PhD/MSc student, he/she also should send a "Publication Approval Letter" from his/her supervisor after notification of final acceptance to: firstname.lastname@example.org.