- CAJG is the most comprehensive and largest geosciences event in the Middle East and Africa.
- New Submission Deadline: 1st July 2019
- 1st CAJG in 2018 enjoyed the participation of more than 450 geoscientists from 70 countries. Their research contributions are now published in the proceedings by Springer.
- This 2nd CAJG of 2019 welcomes submissions of research studies focused on understanding the geologic, geophysical, environmental and climatic evolution of the Arabian Peninsula, Mediterranean, Africa and other regions of the world.
AIMS & SCOPE
The Arabian Journal of Geosciences (AJG) is a Springer journal publishing original articles on the full range of Earth sciences in partnership with the Saudi Society for Geosciences. The journal focuses on, but is not limited to, research themes which have regional significance for the Middle East, the Euro-Mediterranean, Africa, Asia and some other regions of the world. The journal receives on average 2500 submissions a year and accepts around 700 papers for publication in its 24 annual issues (acceptance rate around 25%). It benefits from the participation of an editorial team of 100 international Associate Editors who generously help in evaluating and selecting the best papers.
In 2008, Prof. Abdullah Al-Amri, in close partnership with Springer, founded the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (AJGS). In 2018, the journal celebrated its 10th anniversary. To mark the event, the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the AJGS organized the 1st Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (CAJG) in close collaboration with Springer on 12–15 November 2018. The conference was an occasion to endorse the journal’s long-held reputation and brought together 450 authors from 70 countries, who work in the wide-ranging fields of Earth sciences. The dynamic four-day conference in a stimulating environment in Hammamet, Tunisia provided attendees with opportunities to share their latest unpublished findings and learn about the latest geosciences studies. The event also allowed attendees to meet and talk to the journal’s editors and reviewers. Three field trips were organized alongside the conference and many participants enjoyed the wonders of the geology of Tunisia.
In a continuation of the successful 1st CAJG, this year’s conference aims to bring geoscientists from all over the world to present and discuss their most recent findings. The 2nd CAJG will continue to publish the newest findings in its proceedings and some special issues by Springer, with a clear mission to drive greater North-South (Europe-Africa) scientific cooperation and to open doors to new and enriching collaborations with geoscientists based in Asia and the Americas. Research studies from the wide-ranging fields of Earth sciences can be submitted for evaluation by the Conference Scientific Committee. In particular, the 2nd CAJG will devote a special session (workshop) to studies focusing on unraveling the undiscovered oil and gas resources in the Mediterranean and North Africa. Many international experts will be invited to take part in the discussion.
The scientific committee of the 2nd CAJG invites research papers on all cross-cutting themes of Earth sciences, with a main focus on the following 15 conference tracks:
- Track 1. Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, Climatology, Oceanography
- Track 2. Biogeochemistry, Geobiology, Geoecology, Geoagronomy
- Track 3. Earthquake Seismology
- Track 4. Environmental Earth Sciences
- Track 5. Exploration & Theoretical Geophysics, Seismic & Well Logging Methods, Mathematical Geosciences
- Track 6. Geo-Informatics and Remote Sensing
- Track 7. Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology, Volcanology
- Track 8. Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Track 9. Geomorphology, Geography, Soil Science, Glaciology, Geoarchaeology, Geoheritage
- Track 10. Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Hydrochemistry
- Track 11. Marine Geosciences, Historical Geology, Paleoceanography, Paleoclimatology
- Track 12. Numerical and Analytical Methods in Mining Sciences and Geomechanics
- Track 13. Petroleum and Energy Engineering, Petroleum Geochemistry
- Track 14. Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Paleontology, Geochronology
- Track 15. Structural Geology, Tectonics and Geodynamics, Petroleum Geology
PARTNERED JOURNALS & BOOK SERIES
Arabian Journal of Geosciences (Impact Factor = 0.8)
Journal of Soils and Sediments (Impact Factor = 2.6)
International Journal of Earth Sciences (Impact Factor = 2.2)
Environmental Earth Sciences
(Impact Factor = 1.4)
Journal of Arid Land
(Impact Factor = 1.4)
Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology (indexed in ISI's ESCI)
Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (indexed in ISI's ESCI)
Earth Systems and Environment (indexed in Scopus)
Applied Water Science
(indexed in ISI's ESCI)
Innovative Infrastructure Solutions
(indexed in ISI's ESCI)
Mediterranean Geoscience Reviews
SN Applied Sciences
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation